This post applies to the following API endpoints: Company Lookup EndpointRole Lookup EndpointPerson Lookup EndpointWork Email Lookup EndpointOccasionally, our Lookup API endpoints return the wrong results. False positives, to be precise. This happens because our Lookup Endpoints is a search function. Even Google gets search results wrong. There are two
For people profiles, our API offers the following: articles - Articles posted by the useractivities - see https://nubela.co/proxycurl/docs#people-api-person-profile-endpoint-response-activityFor companies, our API follows the following: updates - See https://nubela.co/proxycurl/docs#company-api-company-profile-endpoint-response-companyupdateDo note that we are only able to pull the recent few posts
Proxycurl API returns profiles of varying levels freshness. Profiles that are less than 29 days old. Use use_cache=if-recent parameter to enable profile freshness of <= 29 days On average, 88% of profiles are fetched in real-time when this parameter is provided. The other 12% of profiles are popular
Yes, we do for people profiles, with caveats. The articles and activities values in our Person Profile Endpoint describe a profile's post activities. However, given that we scrape public LinkedIn profiles, our API can only scrape what is present on the public profile: the most recent (three) posts. For company
There are two reasons why it happens. The interpretation of first and last names might vary between people. For example, my name is "Steven Goh." Some people might consider "Steven" the first name, and others might consider it last. So erroneous user input on Linkedin can result in inaccurate results.
Proxycurl only scrapes public Linkedin profiles. Sometimes, the privacy settings of a profile keep certain portions of a private profile hidden publicly. We can only return what exists on the public profile. This is why the profile returned might be missing some data that is otherwise present on a private
Our API succeeds 90+% of the time. It turns out that our scraping infrastructure is limited and inconsistent because we are dealing with external targets such as LinkedIn which is very erratic when it comes to rate limits, particularly with their public profiles. We notice 503s occur more during the