The ultimate guide to Advanced LinkedIn Company Search
In this article, I will take you through the various techniques to make a LinkedIn Company Search. These techniques range from straightforward to advanced, depending on what your needs are.
Find a specific company on LinkedIn with a name or a web domain.
The most straightforward Company Searches are to find a LinkedIn company profile from a company name. All you need is a name or the company's web domain.
With a name, you can use LinkedIn's search. With a domain, you will need a Google search.
Use LinkedIn search to find a company from its name.
- Go to https://www.linkedin.com
- In the search bar at the top, enter the company name and press Enter. For example: "nubela." After that, you will land on the search results page.
- Click on the Companies button. This will show you the search results of companies only.
- Done. The chances are that the company profile you are seeking is on the search result page now.
Use Google search to find a company from either name or website.
- Go to https://google.com
- Search using this search term
linkedin.com/company/ <company_name OR company_domain>
- Done. The chances are that the profile you are seeking is on the search result pane now.
Find a list of companies matching industries, keywords, funding, etc.
It is trivial to perform a LinkedIn Company Search for a specific company. The harder task is to get a list of companies matching a list of constraints.
How do you find a list of companies?
- From an industry?
- That match specific keywords?
- That meets a funding constraint?
- Behind a particular app?
- That uses a particular technology?
- That pays for specific services?
First, you need the data, and Proxycurl's LinkDB has the following data for all 17+M companies that we have in our LinkDB company profile database:
- Funding data
- Published mobile apps
- Web traffic
- Web tech
However, these data is not easily accessible today, not by choice. But because working with "big data" is hard. If you need to match a list of companies that match the constraints I listed above, please send me an email at [email protected].
Want to read more guides on LinkedIn?
If you love reading anecdotes as to how we are solving business problems with our data tools, click here to subscribe to our email list :)