Proxycurl API returns profiles of varying levels freshness.
- Profiles that are less than 29 days old.
use_cache=if-recentparameter to enable profile freshness of <= 29 days
- On average,
88%of profiles are fetched in real-time when this parameter is provided.
- The other
12%of profiles are popular profiles which are frequently queried which is why we cache them.
- The drawback is that requests might take 2-3 seconds to complete. Use this parameter if you need fresh profiles.
- Profiles with no freshness guarantee.
use_cache=if-presentparameter to fetch cached profiles.
- Profiles are fetched from LinkDB if it exists in LinkDB. If not, we will fetch them live.
- The good thing about this parameter is that response returns almost immediately. Use this parameter if you need fast responses such as with UI applications.